Welcome to RTFact

'What's in a name?' they say. In these days of the internet, the answer seems to be 'everything', so let me explain the name of my new website. 

I'm Niki B. In fact, I've been Niki B since I went to art college and the name's sort of stuck. Today it's how I'm known in the art world.

But not the only Niki B, as I found out when I decided to launch myself into webspace. So I took some advice.

'Above all,' I was told by the experts I consulted, 'the website name should explain what it's about'. The name should also be as short as possible they said because the shorter the name the less likely it is to mistype. And it should be memorable, though that seemed fairly obvious, I thought.

The name 'artefact' came to mind after all the possible variations of 'Mixed-Media Art Emporium' had been rejected because I remembered it as the buzzword one of my college tutors used. Then I discovered that North Americans prefer it spelt 'artifact', but that didn't matter because the popular domain names using either spelling were already taken!

At this point, I must have been mumbling to myself because my husband asked me to repeat myself - which is, of course, when 'RTFact' was born.

My art training had all the conventional elements, but a passion I discovered since I started expressing myself graphically has been the variety of media we artists have available to us. That's why the subtitle to my website is Mixed-Media.

Take a look at the site and at any given time you'll see examples of several combinations of media.

So, welcome to RTFact. I don't take commissions so the catalogue you see here is always changing. On the other hand, if you have any suggestions I'm always pleased to hear from you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another day...